Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Cheap Daddy Learns His Lesson

Cheap? The question isn't whether your cheap or not. Its how cheap you are because everyones a freakin cheap.

Heck, even I was born into a cheap family. To be honest, my dads the only cheapskate in the family. Like most Chinese, he likes being 'thrifty'.

This story starts when I wanted to buy a PSP. So I went to Digital Mall, Low Yat and lots more techno. malls to compare the prices. The average price I got was RM 650 but some dealers offered RM 550.

After a month of PSP hunting, I finally asked my dad to by the PSP at Kota Raya. The PSP there was sold at RM 500 only. But all my dad said was," Wait for another month for the price to drop down."

Wait another month I did and thats when the bad news came. SONY LAUNCHED THE NEW PSP 3000!!! To increase sales, they even decided to stop producing of PSP 2000 (the one I wanted).

No one wanted to buy the new PSP cause the games weren't cracked. Only EXPENSIVE original games were sold. So everyone wanted to buy the PSP 2000 as it could play fake games.

Because of the low supply and high demand, the price of PSP 2000 went sky high. Most shops sold it for 1400 bucks. When my dad knew bout this he said," We have to buy your PSP. Quickly."

I went PSP hunting (AGAIN). In Low Yat, I was lucky to find this guy who sold it for 1100 bucks with lots of free goodies. Instantly my dad took out his money and paid the guy.

Hopefully my dad has learnt his lesson on being cheap.

Peace out

No comments:

Post a Comment