Sunday, November 15, 2009

SKBD Thriller Nite (Part 2)

I think this is where I stopped... At 8 I reached the school. It looked a lot like a carnival because there were stalls all over the place. Some sold drinks, others sold food and trinklets. Maxis had a booth there too to promote the IPHONE 3GS

The pathway to the hall was cool. Neon lights illuminated the way while students dressed up as monsters tried to scare you. The depressing part was when we entered the hall. Everyone had to wait for about 30 minutes as the school was .facing some technical difficulties.

But my God, the intro was superb. Some kids did Thriller and the song was just booming. The lighting was spectacular too. Sadly some of the performances were rather dull.

During the intermission, I went out to get some drinks. Thats when I saw Shamita and Low. She said that she had trained this bunch of girls for a dance. That cocky Shamita named the group THE SHAMS. Gee, I wonder why.

After the intermission, I went back into the hall. Finally, I could see my cousins perform which cheered me. But the organisers were smart, they'd saved the best for last. The Michael Jackson Remembrance thingy.

Lots of kids were moon walking hell. There was even this bunch of young chubby kids who had put on wigs and were lip-singing a Jackson 5 song. It was so cute and adorable. One 8 year girl sang 'Ben' spectacularly.

In the end, about 200 kids went on stage to do a 'Heal The World' dance. What a way to top it all guys. Lots of them (including my cousins) lost their voices.

I went back to my uncle's house to spent the night. Was about to blog too but I was way too sleepy.

Peace out

No comments:

Post a Comment